Thursday, December 9, 2010

10 Things I Can Do to Help My World


10 Things I Can Do to Help My World

Written and Illustrated by: Melanie Walsh

"A thoroughly successful presentation on how even small changes in lifestyle can make a big difference. On each spread, a large and colorful acrylic painting is accompanied by a sturdy die-cut flap and eco-friendly tips. Each suggestion opens with "I," followed by a verb, such as "remember," "try," and "always." The sentence is completed under the flap, along with a reason why the tip is conservation friendly. The recommendations are those that children can easily relate to, such as turning off the water while brushing your teeth (which can save 18 glasses of water), using both sides of the paper, recycling, etc. Visually appealing and effective in its presentation, this title will serve as an introduction to environmental studies. Its appealing visuals and large size make it perfect for group sharing."

School Library Journal Review

Online Resources:
http://ecochildsplay.com/2008/09/16/eco-kids-books-10-things-i-can-do-to-help-my-world/

No comments:

Post a Comment